It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm 
That's so Takamura

Finished my list. I changed my 2001 entry from Super Smash Bros. Melee-- that game will always have a place in my heart as I've played it a ton and it more or less dictated a direction my life took simply through all the friends I made playing it. Much like Battle Network there isn't much else like it.

But I hate what it's become. The competitive scene is a running joke and the meta is stagnant. Every game at this point is unironically "Fox only, Final Destination". I can't stand watching it.

Instead I changed my 2001 GOTY to the Game Boy Advance. Am I cheating? Probably. But who are you to tell me the GBA didn't kick total ass?

The list got very hard to put together not because there were a ton of great games (though there were) but more because history is very poorly tracked the further back you go. I think I'm ok with that list though, provided I'm not forgetting any major game changers.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm 
* Fox

Yeah. Once I got to about 1997 I started looking up Top 10 lists and game of the year lists for years and systems just to be sure I'd get games on list. Thankfully many of these games are in my actual top 10 or were at least considered. I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 pm 
* Fox

Cowbox wrote:
2017 - Persona 5

Fixed it for ya

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 pm 
cyberterrorist lord megadeath

2018 - Dragonball Fighterz

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]