It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:52 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 223   [ 3342 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 223  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:58 am 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

If I'd have to name genre's, you can imagine anything I'd like, though I dont prefer hiphop and gangsta[c]rap much. However, my music preferences ae quite diverse. If I'd have to name bands, in order;

1 Iron Maiden
2 Queen

(anything below is in no particular order)

Linkin park, the Rolling Stones, RHCP, The traveling WIlburies, Bob Dylan, Eric Claptop, Ray Charles, Roy Orbison, [old] Metallica, the Black Mages, Boudewijn de groot (dutch), David Bowie, Deep Purple, Eminem, Dream theater, Dire Straits, Disturbed, The Offspring. There's more bands but these are the ones that come to mind. Naturally the Megas will be added to a rather impressive list of rock/pop/metal icons.

As for what I've been listening to right now (god I need audioscrobbler again):

Iron maiden - Out of the Silent Planet
Rolling Stones (lol, just downloaded 10 cd's) - Mother's Little Helper
Ray Charles - Hit the Road Jack
Roy orbison - Anything you want

(talk about diverse huh).

But yeah anyways, thats it for right now. I recommend the Black mages for those who enjoy FF music, Offspring for punk fans, Maiden for maiden fans, and Queen for pop-opera fans.

*starts listening to David Bowie's Space Oddity*

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Frank Zappa
movie scores (specifically, the sci fi movies. for example Jerry Goldsmith (RIP), James Horner, and John Williams)

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm 
Mettaur
Mettaur

<_<

i've been listening to alot of game remixes, mostly of sonic 3...(this does not include teh megas...)

as for real music, not mutch...

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 pm 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

I've actually been listening to video game music- i usually never do that, but I'm listening to some stuff and teaching myself simple guitar parts to get the hang of it, then i'll move onto the piano, once I get it cleaned off...

Phoenix Wright has amazing music. Maybe because I have emotions connected to the whole "Objection" And "Cornered" Because i'm doin something right for once in a trial...

And Fire Emblem's "Anguish" (Which is when a character dies, I guess, I found FE too easy and never lost) is SO depressing, like... it's scary.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:18 pm 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

If I had to name two bands that have changed my life it would be Nine Inch Nails and Protest The Hero.

But I usually listen to music ranging from metal to emo rock. As long as the guitar is great or the lyrics blow me away.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:37 pm 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

The Megas, The Protomen, The Minibosses, The Pillows, Lemon Demon, Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slagsmalsklubben, Pinback, the Mars Volta, Incubus, Modest Mouse, Iron & Wine, The Postal Service, Pinback, 8-bit w0nder, Flobots, a lot of 90s rock.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:30 am 
Mega
Mega

Fish wrote:
The Megas, The Protomen, The Minibosses, The Pillows, Lemon Demon, Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slagsmalsklubben, Pinback, the Mars Volta, Incubus, Modest Mouse, Iron & Wine, The Postal Service, Pinback, 8-bit w0nder, Flobots, a lot of 90s rock.

You mentioned Pinback twice... I can back that, they're a great band. From my hometown too.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 pm 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

Gregatron wrote:
Fish wrote:

You mentioned Pinback twice... I can back that, they're a great band. From my hometown too.
I do that a lot. Thanks for noticin', though.

And whoa, really? That's pretty sweet.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:09 pm 
Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe

Yea, I get into huge phases with most bands. I listen to them like crazy and wikipedia the hell out of them and then it hopefully makes the cut into my favorite bands list. I was really crazy into NIN about 5 years ago, and I didn't listen to them for quite a while, and now I'm remembering why Trent Reznor's ridiculous.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject: Close-Minded
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:39 am 
Mettaur
Mettaur

Here's what I'm into(in no specific order):
Punk, ska, punk ska, rockabilly, psychobilly, rap(old & nerdcore), video game covers, and even a bit of reggae. I'd have to say punk is my all-time favourite. I love zillions of punk bands, but here's a few:
For the record, assume I listen to already popular punk bands.
Anti-Flag, Bouncing Souls, The Clash, The Devil Is Electric, The Ergs!, F-Minus, Good Clean Fun, H2O, Insides, Jawbreaker, Kid Dynamite, Leftover Crack, The Max Levine Ensemble(and yes The Megas), Nekromantix, Operation: Cliff Clavin, Propagandhi, Reagan Youth, The Suicide Machines, This Bike Is A Pipebomb, U.S. Bombs, The Vandals, X-Ray Spex, 7 Seconds.

Whew. I love punk music.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:21 pm 
Robot Master
Robot Master

Some of my favorite bands/artists (in no particular order)

Queen
David Bowie
Pink Floyd
The Protomen
Tenacious D
The Beatles
The Aquabats
The Misfits
The Ramones
They Might Be Giants
Prince
The Doors
Eric Johnson
Utada Hikaru
Misono

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:03 pm 
Mega
Mega

Anxiously awaiting the new Alkaline Trio record! Otherwise... THE KOOKS, Spell Toronto, Rx Bandits, We Shot the Moon, Everybody Else, Gaslight Anthem, Anti-Flag, The Pogues, Shane McGowan, Good Riddance... Thats most of what I've been listening to recently. Also anxiously awaiting the new Lagwagon on Aug 19th.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 pm 
BUFF McWhalen

exoskell wrote:
Anxiously awaiting the new Alkaline Trio record! Otherwise... THE KOOKS, Spell Toronto, Rx Bandits, We Shot the Moon, Everybody Else, Gaslight Anthem, Anti-Flag, The Pogues, Shane McGowan, Good Riddance... Thats most of what I've been listening to recently. Also anxiously awaiting the new Lagwagon on Aug 19th.
I looooooooooove Alkaline Trio, but I didn't know they had a new album on the way :O

Probably because I stopped paying attention after being so drastically disappointed with the last one =/

Every half-decent song sounded like an amalgamation of any and all of their PREVIOUS songs... only less good XD How is that even possible?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:28 pm 
BUFF McWhalen

The title of this thread prompted me to post this XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqdR-wcti10

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:00 pm 
Yellow Devil
Yellow Devil

Right now I'm listening to J-E-N-O-V-A by The Black Mages... so awesome

I love vg music, besides that I listen to whatever good Christian music is out there. Switchfoot is my favorite.

-Paul, Galatians 2:20 _.-^ATF^-._

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 223   [ 3342 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 223  Next